- Secured Visa Card offers an excellent opportunity to build or re-build your credit, even if you've had credit difficulties in the past, or have never had a credit card before!
- Virtually everyone is approved.
- Get all the benefits of Visa* while re-building your credit.
- Make purchases over the phone or online
- Plan and book a vacation
- Access cash anytime, anywhere from over 1 million ATMs around the world displaying the Visa or Plus logo
- Shop at over 24 million locations worldwide
- 14.90% $59 annual fee or $5 per month
- 19.99% No annual fee
How the Secured Visa Credit Card Works
- The Secured Visa Card is a credit card that requires a security deposit for eligibility. Your credit limit is then set at the amount of the deposit. You can put down as little as $500, or as much as $10,000.
- If you decide to cancel your card, you can just pay off your outstanding balance, and you'll get your security deposit back from the concerned institution.
The application process is very simple and almost everybody is approved! Of course, if your application is not approved, your security deposit will be immediately returned to you.
Preferred IDs include a current Provincial Driver's License, Canadian Passport or Certificate of Canadian Citizenship. Other acceptable IDs include a Birth Certificate or Social Insurance Card.